If you’d like to see any photo larger you can right click and open in a new tab or window, or just click on the photo and it’ll enlarge the image and you can scroll through the photos with your arrow keys. Push escape to return to the blog page.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Miniature paintings

My latest paintings have been watercolors on canvas - mini canvas! Most have been on 4x4 inch canvases with 1 1/2 inch wide sides which I've painted, continuing the watercolor image around on the edges. I also have been painting tiny canvases, little 2x2 inch and 2x4 inch with a 3/8 inch painted edge. I'm experimenting with a finish that will be waterproof and tough. First one I ended up sanding back off, it was just too foggy and unacceptable (to me at least...). I'm in the process of repainting that one (also an experiment - can it be saved?!)

Here they are--I've included my hand holding them to show a size comparison:

This first one might look familiar.



This is my second home grown tomato painting---you can see the first here:



Some holly from the field next door:



And last, but not least, a satsuma - yes, it's satsuma season! A favorite!




Next up, sealing these gems without destroying the colors. More experimentation... wish me luck!

No comments: