If you’d like to see any photo larger you can right click and open in a new tab or window, or just click on the photo and it’ll enlarge the image and you can scroll through the photos with your arrow keys. Push escape to return to the blog page.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Knitting

It seems to be a new hobby a lot of people are picking up these days. I'm not sure why it's become the latest thing, but I find it interesting since it’s something I’ve been doing for years. I struggled with teaching myself how to knit soon after we were married, then learned how to spin my own yarn & did that for a time, getting together once a week with 3-4 other friends & spinning, eating fabulous desserts and enjoying a night away from our Mom responsibilities. I made sweaters for kids & adults, hats, mittens, gloves, sox, scarves... Soon I started making hats to sell---baby & kids fruit hats, & that's pretty much all I knit anymore. It's something I can do while reading or watching movies. One of those “little” everyday things that I don't think much about anymore until I started reading about others picking up the "habit"! I like seeing it’s resurgence!



Oh, I said I'd show you the finished window installed---here it is!

2 comments:

Karla Dudley said...

afghwe;orh .hugDGHD.H.Ag.o a......
Girl you take my breath away! That's ll I can really say at the moment! -Karla

Anonymous said...

Those hats are SO cute!!! Those would be very popular on Etsy! :-)

And that window...absolutely breathtaking! You are a marvelous artist, Jana!!!