If you’d like to see any photo larger you can right click and open in a new tab or window, or just click on the photo and it’ll enlarge the image and you can scroll through the photos with your arrow keys. Push escape to return to the blog page.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Painting at Dancing Oaks

This past Wednesday, our plein air group headed to Dancing Oaks Nursery, out in the boonies north of town. It is one of my favorite places to visit, and is always a visual paradise! This was where my youngest daughter chose to have her high school senior photo shoot (can it really be 3 years ago?!). I painted a small 12x12 piece which I'm still working on and trying to decide if it is worth keeping at this point. While there I took numerous photos of other flowers for future painting references. These photos are straight out of the camera - no photoshop or iphoto enhancements. Here are some of my favorites. Be sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of this post - the last flower, the iris photo, made me gasp! Which photo is your favorite?






The cluster of flowers at the top of this foxglove look like little pouty, talking mouths...!









Love this one:

No comments: