I was tagged my Michelle---http://www.michellegeller.typepad.com/ sadly I don't know how to make her name light up & become a link to her site...someday I'll figure that out!
Now I'm supposed to post 7 weird or random facts about myself----there were several other rules too, but I've never been good at following rules exactly. I like to change them up for some reason... For fun, if you read this, post 7 weird or random facts about yourself---then leave a comment here to let us know the link to read your 7. Or just post the 7 things in the comment section here.
1. Both my babies were born at home---first was a successful breech home birth, 2nd was also successful but not breech.
2. I can’t eat sweets, or chocolate after 6:00 pm, or I have a hard time falling asleep (*sigh…)
3. I used to have angora rabbits and would spin their fur (you pluck it off them as they snuggle in your lap---they’re bred to not have a lot of feeling in their skin, so they don’t mind when you pull their loose hair!)
4. I could wear the same thing for a week---I don’t like changing my clothes or thinking of what to wear. When I'm working at home for lengths of time that's just what I do! Luckily Brad doesn’t care & since he works at home does the same thing. We’re very “green” that way. (Now if something gets pitted out, it’s in the laundry, no questions---I just rarely pit out!) (another random fact?!)
5. When I was 20 years old I managed a restaurant in Portland Oregon. I worked downtown at a different restaurant the summer after my sophomore year in college and was then offered the position of manager in a new restaurant the owner was opening, so I took that year off of college to run the new one.
6. May 1980 Mt. St. Helen’s blew her top and I was living in Portland when that happened---ash from her eruption blew all over Portland and the surrounding areas. In June I rode my bike downtown Portland with a friend to see the Rose Festival Parade wearing bandanas over our noses to protect us from the fine ash. We looked like bike-bandits!
7. When I’m painting with a fat paintbrush, at some point I have a real hard time not painting someone nearby… the urge to add an impromptu paint mustache is really hard to resist. I’m getting better at not succumbing to this urge the more I paint with my husband---he doesn’t like paint mustaches.
Now go ahead, think of 7 odd facts about yourself & list them in the comment section or leave me a link in the comment section to where you've made your list! Go! Do it! (ok, you have some time---took me several days before I had time to do this!!)
Also, I can't leave without sharing a photo--- & another random fact---I grow baby ginko trees on my window sill in the kitchen---I have 2. They are now 2 years old---every fall they lose their leaves & look like sticks in a pot through the winter. I faithfully water them still. Then sometime in the spring they show a teensy bit of green, proving they're alive. Here's one of them! Now go, write some randomness about yourself!!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Or so the calendar says it's spring---but looking outside at 6 am the last couple of mornings you sure wouldn't think so! Both days we had SNOW covering the rooftop next door & dusting our car. This morning the grass was even covered! As far as I know this is the latest date Western Oregon has experienced snow---since records have been kept. Then throughout the day we've had on and off hail showers, some with snow mixed in. We arrived home yesterday after running a few errands to the scenes below---not the best day to start up the Farmer's market downtown---and to think it was 80º last Saturday here!!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Another reason: they bike uphill for miles on gravel roads.
Reason 3: Then they fly down tiny deer trails over fallen logs, roots, & slippery muddy slopes, (this time of year).
Luckily, they don't look like this usually, since they try to not ride when it's this muddy out. Give me pavement, the occasional small hill (love riding bikes downhill!) & dry weather please!