If you’d like to see any photo larger you can right click and open in a new tab or window, or just click on the photo and it’ll enlarge the image and you can scroll through the photos with your arrow keys. Push escape to return to the blog page.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Mmmm, I love RED!




This amazing poppy is the perfect red---just stunning! Saw it when out painting at Shreiner's Iris garden several years ago, then discovered I too could be the happy owner of this gorgeous poppy, so bought a plant, brought it home, then let it sit for a year in its pot before finally planting it last summer. I was happy to see it return this spring, and it's now sporting two beautiful blossoms---not the dinner plate sizes that the Iris garden boasts, but a large tea cup size is just as amazing to me since they're my favorite RED! My daughter and I know what the perfect red is, and often point out a "good red" to each other when we see one together... This is a good red---wishing you a glimpse of a good red today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikey schnikey those are awesome pictures! What a red! :-)