If you’d like to see any photo larger you can right click and open in a new tab or window, or just click on the photo and it’ll enlarge the image and you can scroll through the photos with your arrow keys. Push escape to return to the blog page.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My latest finished painting

Finished this up a bit ago---first time I've worked on Ampersand Claybord (no it's not spelled wrong!). This is their "Textured" surface which works well with watercolor. I sprayed the finished painting with a UV sealer several times (it didn't make the watercolor bleed at all :)) and then painted the blond birch wood frame with black acrylic paint (two coats of thinned fine art acrylic paint, one coat of black acrylic house paint---I like the more opaque house paint with a touch of shine). First photo shows the painting from the front, second photo shows the frame. I've been wanting to try a system that eliminates the hassles of framing with glass---think I've found it! Now to order some more in a larger size :)



No comments: