If you’d like to see any photo larger you can right click and open in a new tab or window, or just click on the photo and it’ll enlarge the image and you can scroll through the photos with your arrow keys. Push escape to return to the blog page.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

What inspires you?

Ok, this question was posted on another blog, and I just had to start making a list of what inspires me! Think about it for a few minutes, and let me know what inspires you---maybe some of the things you list will become inspiration to others too :)
Here's my list:

I'm easily inspired :),

*clouds---I love painting clouds, capturing their many faces
*seeing artwork I love, whether in a gallery, online, at friend's studios...
*my friends Scott and Lisa, they always seem to be just finishing up a home project, teaching project, woodworking project, or something that is so cool!
*other artists---photographers, fine artists, scrapbook artists...
*magazines
*books stores
*books
*photographs
*oak trees
*lighting---the glow of an evening; brightly lit trees with dark purple rain clouds behind; tree shadows falling on a sparkling stream; warm lamp lighting on a childs face reading...
*color
*silence
*traveling---seeing new things, places, architecture, people...
*unique shops
*greeting cards
*art galleries
*autumn
*the beach
*Ikea
*texture---old brick walls, multi-layers of peeling paint with flashes of different colors, mossy concrete...
*paper
*notebooks and journals
*sketchbooks
*new art supplies
*a finished painting
*people watching
*reading journaling on scrapbook pages
*love
*connecting with my husband and children
*flowers
*farmland...

No comments: